Naxos Highlights Bus Tour with a Swimming stop at Apollonas Villagefrom
Group Size Large Group
In the charming village of Damalas, Manolis will welcome you warmly to his traditional pottery workshop and share the secrets of his art. At the restored olive press museum, you’ll learn all about the old-fashioned method of producing olive oil. Driving further into the heart of the hinterland, you’ll arrive at Halki, a town renowned for its remarkable architecture and numerous points of interest, such as the Byzantine church of Panagia Protothroni and the Venetian mansion that serves as the Vallindras citron distillery. In Apeiranthos, located at the base of Mount Fanari, you’ll have a chance to explore the most atmospheric village on the island, complete with Venetian towers, narrow marble streets, cozy tavernas, and traditional shops selling local products. You’ll make a brief stop here to stroll through the village and learn about its history and customs. After leaving Apeiranthos and passing through Koronos village and the famous emery mines, you’ll reach Apollonas, a picturesque fishing village where you’ll have free time to swim and enjoy a meal. Later, you’ll visit the ancient marble quarries, where you can admire an unfinished 11-meter Kouros statue that has been lying in the same spot for over 2500 years. Driving back along the west coast, one of the island’s most breathtaking routes with stunning sea views, you’ll return to the same place where you were picked up.
- On Tuesdays, Demeter’s Temple is closed, and you’ll have more free time in Apeiranthos Village instead.
- This tour is not recommended for people with mobility issues.
- The tour will take place rain or shine, and minor adjustments to the itinerary may be necessary in the event of inclement weather.
- A significant portion of the trip will be on winding mountain roads. Please bring motion sickness medication if necessary.
- The tour guide is not licensed and is therefore not permitted to guide you inside Demeter’s Temple. You’ll receive all the information about the monument before you enter the gate.
- You’ll arrive at Apollonas for lunch and free time around 2:00 PM. Please eat breakfast before the tour. Pick-up options:
- 08:45 from the main road in front of Plaza Beach Hotel
- 08:45 from the main road in front of Three Brothers Restaurant
- 08:45 from the main road in front of Aegean Land Hotel
- 08:45 from the main road in front of Yazoo Summer Bliss
- 08:50 from the main road in front of Maragkas Super Market
- 08:50 from the main road in front of Paradiso Tavern in Agia Anna
- 08:55 from the bus stop at Agia Anna Port
- 08:55 from Margariti’s Market at Agia Anna
- 08:55 from the bus stop in Agios Prokopios (in front of Nikos Bikes)
- 09:00 from the main road in front of Lagos Mare Hotel (Ag. Prokopios)
- 09:00 from the main road in front of Naxos Palace Hotel (Stelida)
- 09:00 from the main road in front of Kavouras Village Hotel (Stelida)
- 09:00 from the main road in front of Naxos Golden Sun Hotel (Stelida)
- Pick up/ Drop off service from central locations in the areas of Naxos Town, Stelida, Ag.Prokopios, Ag. Anna, Plaka
- Modern, luxury air-conditoned vehicle
- Professional English/ Greek speaking Escort
- Professional driver
- All taxes
- Entrance fee in Demeter’s Temple (4€/adult to be paid on the spot)
- Entrance fee in kitron distillery in Chalki (2€/person – optional visit)
- Lunch and personal expenses
- Gratuities and Church donations (customary – not obligatory)